Announcements and Important Events
Today, the Virginia High School League approved a plan which delays the start of high school sports until December 14. Specific details regarding the sports seasons are listed below.
- Season 1 (Winter) December 14 – February 20 (First Contest Date – December 28)
- basketball, gymnastics, indoor track, swim/dive, wrestling
- Season 2 (Fall) February 15 – May 1 (First Contest Date – March 1)
- cheer, cross country, field hockey, football, golf, volleyball
- Season 3 (Spring) April 12 – June 26 (First Contest Date – April 26)
- baseball, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field
Arlington Public Schools approved conditioning for fall sports to begin June 29 and all of our fall teams have engaged in these optional activities. Moving forward, APS will assess the possibility of continued conditioning for fall sports, the addition of winter sports optional conditioning sessions and progress for all teams toward green days. It is also possible, given the start of the academic school year taking place virtually, that all sports conditioning will be halted at some time with the goal of restarting later in the fall. Any updates to conditioning opportunities will be posted to this website and families are encouraged to sign up for email alerts and monitor the website for updates.
When green days and/or sports tryouts begin, students will need a valid VHSL physical on file for the 2020-21 school year, dated after May 1, 2020. Completed physicals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org