CoEd Varsity Cross Country
Reminder there will be an interest meeting on May 29 at 3:10 pm in Patriot Hall. Come find out about summer training and expectations for August practices. All current 7th-11th graders are welcome.
Thanks to everyone who came out to the XC interest meeting last week. If you were unable to attend, below are the key points that were highlighted:
- All athletes will need one dated after May 1, 2019 in order to participate in August.
- Email Contact
- In order for parents and students to receive immediate alerts and information concerning the XC season, we strongly encourage signing up for notifications through www.yorktownsports.org by providing your email address.
- For direct contact with coaches, you can email Tom Brumlik at email@example.com or Kevin Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org
-Summer Training Plans
- A more detailed training schedule will be emailed out within the next couple of weeks, but it will be expected that you are staying active 6 out of the 7 days a week. This will include: 3-4 days of running, 2-3 days of cross training (biking/elliptical/pool), 1 day completely off.
-Early Season Practice Expectations
- One of the biggest challenges of this sport is training on your own during the summer break. If you do not come to practice in August in shape, you will not race until the first weekday meet. This will be determined by the mile time trial which will be held at the end of the first week of practice in August. More information to follow.
- You must bring a watch, water bottle, and training shoes to practice every day.
- Other equipment includes: mini-band, racing spikes (will be discussed in more detail once the season officially starts).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Fall 2019 sports tryout information can be found at the link below. It will be updated regularly through the summer as more information becomes available.